Accounts Payable Supervisor
Grassroots Campaigns is hiring a politically motivated Accounts Payable Supervisor to oversee the A.P. department. We are a national progressive organizing firm with a history of creating change, currently focusing on building the resistance against the devastating actions of the Trump administration. The A.P. Supervisor will play a key role in ensuring the success of our financial department.
About Us: Since 2003, Grassroots Campaigns has been on the frontlines of a variety of social change movements and historic elections, running face-to-face campaigns for progressive political parties, candidates, and advocacy groups. Partnering with organizations such as the American Civil Liberties Union, Planned Parenthood, and Southern Poverty Law Center, we not only bolster these groups’ national membership and bases of support, but also mobilize countless citizens to actively engage in the political sphere and create progressive change.
The Accounts Payable Supervisor reports to the Controller and is primarily responsible for the following:
- Accounts Payable Supervision: Directing the activities of other employees in Accounts Payable.
- Vendor Payables: Reviewing vendor invoices, disputing inappropriate charges, entering vendor invoices in QuickBooks, obtaining approvals, printing checks, coordinating check signing and mailing payments in a manner ensuring that all vendor payments are received when due.
- Requisition and Travel Voucher Checks: Managing the system for reimbursing employees for travel and other requisitioned expenses (process steps are similar to those of the vendor payable system above) to ensure that employees are reimbursed within two weeks of receipt of requisition forms and vouchers.
- Maintaining Central Budgets: Administering non-Canvass budgets, tracking actual expenses to those budgeted.
- Reconciliation with Canvass Administration: Working with Canvass Admin to help them reconcile their budgets to actual expenses reported on QuickBooks.
- Rental Cars: Arranging all rental car reservations. Managing our relationship with Enterprise Leasing.
- Monthly Reconciliations: Reconciling all cash accounts and credit cards on a monthly basis.
- Year-end Close: Reviewing coding the year’s entries. Preparing annual budget-to-actual analyses and year-end reports.
- Manage Records: Ensuring that proper records are kept of all vendor payables, employee requisitions, leases, and vendor contracts.
- Resolve Issues: Answer questions from office directors, vendors and current /former employees regarding various AP issues.
- Must be driven by desire for progressive social and political change, with ideals that align with Grassroots Campaigns and its partner groups.
- Supervisory experience is required.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to self-direct are required.
- Experience in accounts payable is preferred.
- Candidates with knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel will be given priority.
Location: The position is available immediately in Boston, MA
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience + benefits.
How to Apply: E-mail Esther Lim at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a brief cover letter. Please include “APS:Website” in the subject line.
Grassroots Campaigns provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Grassroots Campaigns complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.