Grassroots Campaigns uses face-to-face outreach to rally average Americans behind issues like civil liberties, environmental protection, LGBT equality, poverty and social justice. Our firm partners with other political organizations to run their membership, fundraising and field organizing campaigns. From our early, game-changing work with the DNC and MoveOn, to our more recent partnerships with the ACLU, Amnesty International and Planned Parenthood, Grassroots Campaigns has become a prominent force for the progressive movement.
Position Summary: The Senior Accountant will work with the Controller/Finance Director in ensuring robust financial and administrative systems. This person will be responsible for core operational functions like payroll, compliance, forecasting and planning, bookkeeping, and project management.
- Assist in supervision of bookkeeping and administrative staff responsible for payroll and accounts payable.
- Assist in management of accounts receivable, invoicing and collections
- Complete monthly account reconciliations.
- File and maintain state registrations and good standing status, insurance coverage, workers compensation, risk management and other regulatory compliance.
- Assist with the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Collaborate with cashiering staff to ensure accurate accounting and reporting for donations raised on behalf of progressive causes.
- Work with company leadership on expansion of operations, facilities, and resources.
Work Environment: The Senior Accountant will be based in our national office in downtown Boston. Our office is a casual, fun work environment, but we work hard, up to 50 hours a week during the peak times in our campaign cycles. The job is primarily office work, but does involve similar intensity as most campaign work.
Salary/Benefits: Commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Click the apply button or email Christina Colaizzo at email@example.com with your resume, cover letter and references. Please include where you learned about the position as well as your salary requirements.