Grassroots Campaigns uses face-to-face outreach to rally average Americans behind issues like civil liberties, environmental protection, LGBT equality, poverty and social justice. Our firm partners with other political organizations to run their membership, fundraising and field organizing campaigns. From our early, game-changing work with the DNC and MoveOn, to our more recent partnerships with the ACLU, Amnesty International and Planned Parenthood, Grassroots Campaigns has become a prominent force for the progressive movement.
As that movement builds, so does our work. Since our start, we’ve enabled several leading groups to harness many thousands of individuals behind their causes. Now we’re looking for a seasoned, ambitious candidate to forge new relationships with leaders in the movement, and expand the number and type of campaigns we run nationwide. Our Business Development Director will join our senior management team to connect our time-tested ability to run effective citizen outreach campaigns with the most important political causes of our time.
Position Summary: Grassroots Campaigns’ Business Development Director will head up our overall outreach strategy, publicize our track record and services, and discover new partners. The Business Development Director will be charged with reaching out to new partners and building on the campaigns we run in cities across the country. He or she will market what Grassroots Campaigns has to offer to both established and growing progressive groups seeking to take their campaigns to the next level.
Qualifications: Candidates will need a strong work ethic, initiative and a dedication to progressive issues. We’re looking for someone who is professional and charismatic, with good public speaking skills and ability to network in a variety of social or work environments. Potential partner groups have varying styles and settings, and the Business Development Director will need to be flexible and effective in all such settings. Marketing or communications experience, and familiarity with canvassing and field campaigns preferred. Travel required. 7-10 years of experience preferred.
- Represent Grassroots Campaigns to groups, campaigns, and political leaders, including attending conferences, strategy sessions, and coalition meetings.
- Develop and execute an outreach and visibility strategy.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key players in national, state, and local political and nonprofit organizations.
- Reach out to and meet with prospective partner organizations and campaigns.
- Regularly report on contacts, progress towards networking goals, and overall landscape. Expect a high level of rigor in tracking performance vs. goals.
- Help package Grassroots Campaigns’ accomplishments and services, and develop tools and materials for outreach.
- Work with our project managers and operational staff to develop project proposals for potential clients.
- Train and mentor other Grassroots Campaigns staff in networking and outreach.
- Participate in our organizational meetings and staff trainings.
Work Environment: Fast-paced and mobile. The Director will work out of our D.C. office, but should expect to travel and work remotely. We have national offices in Boston, New York and D.C., so staying in contact with the team from afar will be important. A workday might involve making a pitch to a Senate candidate’s staff, launching a field campaign or running a conference call with the team.
Location: Washington, D.C.
Salary/Benefits: Commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Click the apply button or email Christina Colaizzo at email@example.com with your resume, cover letter and references. Please include where you learned about the position as well as your salary requirements.